The Learning Technology Group - Service Statement
The Learning Technology Group has supported online collaborative learning across the University since the Information Systems Committee endorsed central support in 1996. Activities are focussed on Web-related applications to support teaching and learning in the form of support, development, enhancement, dissemination and research. Staff and students at Lancaster can expect LTG to:
- Develop and manage the institutional online learning environment (LUVLE) to meet the requirements of staff and students based on feedback and suggestions.
- Evolve existing tools to support new University-wide services such as the module feedback system.
- Extend online services with appropriate new tools that improve management of the learning experience.
- Work with other Central Support Services, such as ISS, Registry and Library to support the development of a coordinated, managed learning environment.
- Advise on eLearning pedagogy and the implementation of various eLearning tools to meet departmental interests, needs and goals.
- Demonstrate the use of eLearning tools to students and staff after invitation by departments.
- Participate in Faculty Teaching Committees and provide designated Faculty contacts.
- Resolve technical problems and questions either face-to-face, phone, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endorse and practise the University's eLearning and Learning, Teaching and Assessment strategies.
- Encourage eLearning tools to be used in an innovative and collaborative way.
- Research, evaluate and assess the effective use of new and emerging eLearning methods and tools.
- Promote the consideration of eLearning advantages in all stages of curriculum design.
- Disseminate good practice, collaboration and ongoing research and evaluation via events, case studies and reports
- Encourage the development of communities of practice relating to e-learning and learning and teaching
- Co-ordinate eLearning CPD sessions to share ideas and communicate models of good practice.