Adobe Connect - Virtual Classroom and Online Meeting System
LTG are now supporting a new tool for webinars and online meetings/classrooms, called Adobe Connect.
This is a new pilot, and the end date reflects a one-year extension of the original (so now until June 2011). This decision to extend the pilot has been based on feedback from the online form (URL at bottom of page). Since it is a pilot, LTG will be asking all users for feedback, both good and bad, to further evaluate what this software does well – or does not do so well – for you.
SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW FOR FEEDBACK FROM THE 09-10 PILOT
You can use this system to teach a class to distance learning students, to meet with colleagues for research purposes, or to bring a guest lecturer in without the cost or hassle of travel.
In the image above, you can see some of the functions of the system (clockwise from webcam image)
- Webcam: All people given 'presenter' status by the host can share their webcam, and microphone.
- Shared whiteboards: Collaborative space where attendees can write and draw.
- Shared images: Images can be shared, and annotated with whiteboard tools.
- Shared videos: Videos can be shared, and annotated with whiteboard tools.
- Instant chat: Instant messages from all attendees appear here.
- File share: Any file can be uploaded to this area for file sharing between attendees
- Shared powerpoints: Powerpoints can be shared/ presentations can be given (full screen mode optional).
- Shared notes: Notes can be shared between attendees.
- Attendee list: This is where the 'meeting host' can give different status to attendees, and where participants can raise their hand and agree/ disagree with icons.
There is other functionality with this software, not shown on the image above, such as:
- Polls and quizzes: The host can quickly poll opinion within the group; answers displayed in a chart.
- Web links: Web links can be shared, which open in your default browser.
- Desktop sharing: You can share you desktop with the group.
- Record the meeting: For playback later.
- Breakout groups: Hosts can create 'breakout groups' of the attendees.
- Guest access: Non-registered users can attend meetings as guests.
- Maximum capacity: 100 participants can attend meetings and presentations.
We have the resources to host 10 concurrent virtual classroom experiences. You would have to book your event date and time with Phil Tubman of LTG. Please use the attached booking form below to book your event, and tell us how you intend to use the system by emailing it to Phil Tubman. We will also ask you for feedback with the 'Summary of Use' form after the event.
If you would like to know more about this technology, or would like to register an interest in using it in your department, please contact Phil Tubman for further details.
If you have some feedback to give us about Adobe Connect, please fill in the online evaluation form . Answers are confidential.
We have some feedback from the June 09- June 10 pilot of this software. Please see attachment below for this.