Environmental Management and Consultancy MA
Whether in the boardrooms of multinational corporations, the offices of small enterprises or the chambers of government, the environment is now a fundamental part of decision making in every sector of society.
Today's successful private sector or public sector manager needs to understand the commercial opportunities that the environmental sector offers, the requirements of complex regulations, and the importance of meeting the environmental as well as financial expectations of customers and clients.
The MA in Environmental Management and Consultancy prepares you for these challenges, enabling you to understand and speak the language of both environmental management and environmental science.
Modules in environmental management, environmental auditing and environmental law are delivered by the Lancaster Environment Centre (LEC) and the Lancaster University Management School (LUMS).
Students also undertake a work placement in order to develop their skills for future employment in the environment and business sector. Additional knowledge and experience are gained through a research training module, followed by six month research placement or a research project conducted under close supervision of a LEC academic. In addition, students are able to tailor their learning by selecting additional modules from the LEC portfolio.
Dissertation Project (with Placement) Environmental Management Environmental Auditing Work Placement European and International Environmental Law Two optional modules from a selection of relevant Environmental, Geographical, Law and Management modules (subject to change)
- Biological Science : MPhil/PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Ecology (by research) : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : MSc
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environment, Culture and Society : MSc
- Environmental Science : MPhil/PhD
- Environmental Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Geography : MPhil/PhD
- International MSc in Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- International Masters in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2013
Director of Studies: Dr Nigel Watson
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent
Assessment: Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
Duration: Full time 12 Month(s), Part time 24 Month(s)
Department: Lancaster Environment Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1524 593478
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook