Doctoral Programme Menu
Past Theses Titles
- Agency and Context in Educational Development
- Investigating the barriers to the widespread adoption of Information and Communication Technology in Higher Education: a case study
- The Initial Guidance Learning Project: A framework for exploring the pre-entry informal learning of part-time PhD students learners
- The UHI Project: Making sense of a complex educational initiative
- The Experience of Teaching in Art, Design and Communication
- Evolution or revolution? An analysis of teaching practices in undergraduate Social Policy programmes in the context of change in UK higher education
- The Emergence of a New Role in Healthcare: a study of the development of the Physician Assistant
- Students' experiences of on-campus, technology-mediated, assessed group work
- The web-based personal learning space as a tool for learning in practice settings
- Staff feelings about a merger in higher education: a longitudinal case study approach
- Expatriate Academics - is there value in considering an overseas experience to enhance a career profile in Higher Education
- 2020 vision: possible futures for the Institute of Technology sector of Irish higher education
- An Ethnographic Analysis of the Socialisation of Nurse Lecturers and the Influences which shape Nursing Curricula in Higher Education. Using Bourdieu's reflexive ethnography. Dialogic interviews with 20 experienced nurse lecturers in four universities in NW England.
- Equality in student support: comparability and variability in staff and student experience of study support in Higher Education.
- How important is the local when thinking global? Internationalisation at a research led university
- The influences of early career academics which affect their career paths in a post-1992 university
- Situating Academic Teaching Cultures from the South African Experience:
A modified community of practice approach.
- Graduate employability: The socialisation of graduates and how they
come to know within the SME workplace
- Notions of Sustainable Development in the Further Education Sector
and Their Implications
- Professional Learning in the Workplace
- Post Qualification Social Work Education: Is continuing professional
training leading to improved performance in practice.
- Academic Work Practices in Translational Education: A social practice
theory approach to understanding the implementation of asssessment-related
policy in an offshore campus of an Australian university
- Transitions: Variation in tutors' experience of practice and teaching
relations in art and design
- A Bernsteinian Analysis of Nursing's Pedagogic Discourse.
- Exploring the Connection Between Assessment and Learning in Higher
- Becoming a Community of Relective Practioners
- An evaluation of the professional learning arising from the work experience
component of the professional accountancy qualification.
- Enhancing the Early Student Experience: the student voice
- Benchmarking Academic Standards: A Policy Trajectory Study
- Thinking, Making, Doing, Solving, Dreaming: The experience of creativity
in learning and teaching in Higher Education
- Why Do Students Miss Lectures?: An Exploratory Analysis
- A Discourse of Division: How policy constructs the relationship between
nurse education providers and NHS nurse service providers
- Policy processes in times of structural change: the formation of Scotland's
lifelong learning strategy post devolution.
- Practice in a dispersed professional community: A case study of associate
lecturers at the Open University
- Becoming a Professional Educator: the professional development of
new lecturers in nurse and teacher education as boundary-crossing activity
- Software and creativity: effects of the pace of software development
on the potential for individual creativity in visual communications.
- Accounting for Academics' Pedagogical Constructs: Re-balancing Psychologistic
and Structuralist Approaches
- Problem-based learning as preparation for fieldwork practice: students'
- Interprofessional learning among health professionals: learning to
- Initial Participation in a Learning-Object Exchange Network: A Practice
- The Implementaton of E-Learning in SME's: a case study of the financial
- A Reflective and Participatory Approach to the Design of Pesonalised
- Technology transfer through high technology corridor: A study of multi-agency
- An Exploration of the Intersection Between Policy Pronouncements and
Policy Enactment, Through the Study of the Introduction of Lecturer
- Information Systems and the Changing Nature of Academic Work
- Learning to Teach in Further Education
- A Staged Model for Text Based Synchronous and Asynchronous Conferencing
to Support Online Learners
- Reconstructing Leadership - The Perspectives of Academics at aNew
- Implementation and Impacts of SHEFC Quality Assessment in a Single