General History Web Resources
Web-Portals and Compendia of History Links
Routes to Texts and other sources
Online Bibliographies and Searchable Databases
- Historical Archives of the European Communities (Florence, IT).
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) Collections - has guides for HE sector, including one specifically for Arts and Humanities.
- National Archives - the combined Public Record Office and Historical Manuscripts Commission.
- Archon - guide to all UK archives.
- Manorial Documents Records Index of The National Archives - selected counties.
- UK National Register of Archives - search for collections by person, place, business or organisation.
- the Catalogue (fomerly PROCAT) from The National Archives with over 9 million entries.
- GENUKI Genealogical and general sources relating to Britain compiled by family and local historians
- Archives HUB - Guide to University and College Libraries' Archives.
- Access to Archives - intended to provide online catalogue of English record offices' archives.
- Parliamentary Archives - House of Lords Record Office.
- BOPCRIS Abstracts of British Parliamentary Papers (in progress).
- Enhanced British Parliamentary Papers on Ireland - online guide and texts.
- AHDS History (formerly known as the History Data Service). One of the five centres of the Arts and Humanities Data Service, AHDS History collects, preserves, and promotes the use of digital resources, which result from or support historical research, learning, and teaching.
- University of Southampton Archive and Manuscript Collection - includes Wellington and Palmerston papers.
- Maritime History Archive
- National Maritime Museum (Greenwich).
- Cambridge Alumni Database
Online Repositories of Texts
Sites Relating to History Journals
Visual and Archaeological Resources
Maps and Historical Geography
Societies, Organisations, Companies
Grant Awarding Bodies
Sellers, Publishers and Disseminators of History Books
«Back to Resources Index