The Certificate in Academic Practice (CAP) is an in-service programme designed to support and accredit the academic development of a range of staff who teach and support student learning at Lancaster, including:
- lecturers and teaching fellows who are new to HE teaching, to Lancaster or to UK HE
- lecturers with considerable experience who are wishing to develop aspects of their teaching and curriculum design, part-time teaching staff
- some research associates and postgraduates who have substantial teaching duties and prior professional accreditation
More detailed information in response to questions frequently asked about the CAP programme is available here.
The complete timetable for the next year will be available in June 2013, but key dates are:
- 3-day induction workshop for early career academics (with less than 3 years teaching experience)
Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th and Friday 27th September
- 1-day induction workshop for those with more than 3 years teaching experience during intro-week (date tbc).
The workshop days run from 9:30-4:00 and are usually held in the teaching rooms in the HR Building.
If you are interested in applying for a place on CAP for 2013-14 please contact
Tel: 01524 5-10616
Last updated: 25.03.2013 (SA)