The current demand for limited places for this programme has necessitated the establishment of a process of selection via completed application forms and departmental quotas.
If you wish to be considered for a place on this programme, you must complete the application form which will be available in June 2013 IN FULL and return it to the Development Programmes Co-ordinator in OED. No application will be considered without this form, and any gaps in the form will inevitably result in a delay in processing your request.
The places will be allocated by giving priority those who have greatest teaching responsibilities, and on the basis of a departmental quota per cohort.
Before completing the application form, please note that this programme is for those actively engaged in teaching in Higher Education. Before applying to join the programme you should ensure that you will be doing sufficient teaching to complete the programme. You must have a minimum of 10 hours contact teaching time to be eligible to undertake the programme.
The notes below refer to the numbers on the form. Where there is no note against a particular section this means the section should be completed in the way indicated on the form.
12. A brief outline only of postgraduate courses and qualifications relevant to your teaching is required here.
13. It is essential that you detail your teaching commitments for the duration of the course you are applying for, as a minimum teaching load is a requirement of enrolment. Your application cannot be considered without this information, and prioirity will be given to those with more substantial teaching duties
14. It is not a pre-requisite that you have prior teaching experience or professional development, but it is useful for us to know if you have any experience.
15. Attach a separate sheet if you need more space. Even if it is a requirement by your department that you undertake this programme, or perhaps especially if it is, it is very important that you have your own reasons for joining, in terms of what you hope to get from doing it. It will take time and commitment on your part, and so you need to think about what you hope to gain from this investment. This information also helps us with our planning.
16. We do not require references in the usual way, but we do require confirmation from your head of department and supervisor, if you are a post-graduate student, that they support your registration for this programme and have discussed this with you. They should sign and print their names in these boxes to this effect. The application cannot be considered without these signatures.Please email an electronic copy to OED@lancaster.ac.uk and the copy signed by both yourself and your HoD/Supervisor via internal post to:
The Development Programmes Coordinator
OED, HR Building