All of the development opportunities listed in this section are essential in nature; they are either designed for the benefit of all staff, or provide vital guidance and knowledge to new staff. Many are required as part of our broader staff induction programme.
These courses combine to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and skills vital to your induction and ongoing development at Lancaster University. They form the foundations upon which we can collectively build a safe, fair and enjoyable working environment.
Mandatory for All Staff
- Welcome to Lancaster
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Information Security
- Setting Objectives in PDR
- PDR 'Deep Dive' for Reviewers
Health and Safety
- Computer Workstation Assessment
- Manual Handling Assessment
- Risk Assessment - Principal and Practice
- Safety with Compressed Gases and Cryogenic Fluids
- Emergency First Aid
- First Aid at Work - Leading to the First Aid at Work Certificate
- Radiation Protection - General Principles
- Fieldwork Safety
- Chemical Safety in Laboratories - Assessing the Risks and Controlling the Hazards
- Introductory and Improving English
- Short Courses and Certificates
- Postgraduate Qualification via National Work Based Learning (NWBL)
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 20/08/12 (SH)