PDR 'Deep Dive' for Reviewers
Is this course for me?
If you are a PDR reviewer this course provides an opportunity to practice the skills required for effective PDR implementation and discussions.
The course covers: context; characteristics of effective PDR; overview of the PDR scheme and documentation; how the opportunity presented by PDR can be maximised; practical skills practice (including creating/setting meaningful objectives, providing high quality feedback, and creating/reviewing development plans).
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Gain agreement on objectives based on faculty, department and local plans, and performance requirements
- Describe the likely quantitative and qualitative measures required to monitor progress
- Demonstrate confidence in delivering high quality feedback
- Describe how development needs might be identified and fulfilled
- Feel confident in gaining agreement on the development activities to be undertaken
- Know how best to use the PDR review documentation and structure the review discussion
- Maximise the opportunity presented by PDR
For all documentation relating to PDR please click here
This programme can be delivered locally.
- 21/06/13 - 09.30-12.30
Next steps: On completion of the course you may like to attend:
- Effective people management
- Managing the equality and diversity agenda
- Managing the wellbeing of your staff
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 15/08/12 (SH)