First-Line Supervisors and 'New to Line Management' Programme
Is this course for me?
Do you have line management responsibility? Whether you are new in the role or wanting a refresher, this course will be of benefit.
This 2 day course covers: communicating and influencing; strategic thinking; people management; leading innovation and improvement; and managing change.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Review your current effectiveness in communicating and influencing team members
- Articulate the skills of an effective manager
- Help individuals and teams deal with uncertainty and increase motivation
- Adopt a strategic approach to problem-solving
- Monitor performance and give constructive feedback to team members
Next Steps: On completion of this course you may be interested in attending:
- Effective people management
- Introduction to coaching
- PDR 'Deep Dive' for reviewers
- Managing the wellbeing of your staff
- Managing the equality and diversity agenda
There are currently no more dates scheduled for this academic year, to have your name put on a waiting list please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 17/05/13 (SH)