Development Programme for New and Prospective Principal Investigators
Is this course for me?
This course is ideal if you are a Principal Investigator or Researcher expecting to shortly have a Principal Investigator role.
Topics covered within the course include: Key responsibilities, and what makes a good PI; working effectively through others to deliver the project; key people skills for PIs - motivating, giving feedback and managing conflict; enhancing the performance of research team members; strategies for handling problems; and using the RDF to plan own development and to contribute to the professional development of research staff.
- Describe effective people practises to maximise research team performance
- Deploy key skills in responding to and minimising problems
- Use the RDF as a planning tool for your own and other's development
- Articulate steps to help researchers grow and develop while also delivering project aims
- Feel more confident in your ability to deliver the research
There are currently no more dates scheduled for this academic year, to have your name put on a waiting list please email the OED team direct.
Next Steps: On completion of this course you may be interested in attending:
- Effective people management
- Influencing with integrity
- Briefing on the Researcher Development Framework
Last updated 26/04/13 (SP)