Recruiting the Best
Is this course for me?
This course is designed for recruiting managers, admin staff supporting recruitment activities and any staff sitting on recruitment panels.
Panel chairs should have undertaken this course in line with the univeristy's guidance on recruitment panel selection. Click here for more details.
As legislation around recruitment is constantly changing we recommend that people attend at least every three years to insure full compliance.
During the two days we will look closely at: the legal framework for recruitment; the recruitment process including key stages and timelines; job descriptions and person specifications; advertising and shortlisting; assessing candidates; planning for interviews and interview preparation; questioning techniques; decision making and following the interview.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand recruitment law and its requirements
- Effectively draft job descriptions, person specifications and adverts
- Appreciate different advertising media and means of attracting high-quality candidates
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of various selection methods and decide on suitable approaches
- Craft effective interview questions and contribute fully as a member of an interview panel
- Comfortably differentiate between good candidates at shortlisting and interview stage
- Confidently give feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- Make high quality recruitment decisions
- 26 & 27/06/13 - 09.30-17.00
Next Steps: On completion of this course you may be interested in attending:
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 17/01/13 (SP)