If you are interested in Writing Minutes there are a number of options available to you.
Pansophix is a collection of online guides to help with your development. You may find 'A Useful Guide to Minute Taking' particularly helpful.
Writing Meaningful Minutes
Is this course for me?
If you are new to the minute writing role this course will be of benefit. It will also be useful if you are an experienced minute writer wishing to improve your skills.
The course looks closely at: the purposes of minutes; roles of chairs and secretaries of meetings; drawing up agendas/assisting others to draw up agendas; how to take notes; managing time in writing up minutes; structuring minutes; using key words and phrases to best effect and minute styles, uses of tense and reported speech, conventions of grammar.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the uses and purposes of minutes
- Describe the respective roles of meeting chair and secretary
- Draft a fit-for-purpose meeting agenda
- Take notes designed to capture essential points
- Follow conventions of language, grammar and structure when writing minutes
- 23/07/13 - 09.30-12.30
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 20/08/12 (SH)