In this strategy, we use the term ‘trans’ to refer to transsexual, transgender and transvestite people. We aim to ensure that trans issues are clearly addressed, that trans staff and students receive equal treatment and are well supported in their study or work at Lancaster. Trans issues are listed under gender equality.
Policies, procedure and guidance
Actions and achievementsFor further information about actions impacting on trans equality see Single Equality Action Plan
Policies and procedures
Reports and Monitoring
- Lancaster University lgbtq* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer friends of ...
- Virtual Lancaster: lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) resources for Lancaster and Morecambe area.
- Equality Challenge Unit: Supporting trans staff and students
- Equality Challenge Unit: Trans staff and students in higher education: revised 2010
- Equality & Human Rights Commission: Transgender
- Equality & Human Rights Commission: Trans inequalities reviewed