Induction - Safety Induction Checklist
Ensuring the health and safety of the new entrant is of critical importance, and heads of department and other managers have a legal obligation to provide key health and safety information and training early on in the induction process. The University, as employer, is required by law to ensure this happens by monitoring health and safety induction practices in all areas. To facilitate this, departments, sections and other units must use the Departmental Safety Checklist for New Staff in Appendix 2 as the basis for their inductions. Signed copies of the completed list should be retained by the Department and will be monitored by the Safety Office as part of the regular Departmental Safety Audit.
- Induction into new Departments & Sections
- Departmental Induction Checklist
- Safety Induction Checklist
- Induction - Welcome to Lancaster
- Information for New Staff - FAQs and Induction Handbook
Last updated: 20.09.2011 (HR)