Job descriptions must be free of bias eg the gender or age of the postholder should not be assumed or implied. Use 'he or she', and take care to use gender-neutral job titles (e.g. patrolman/woman, storekeeper, etc).
In view of the need to provide flexibility and to take into account future developments, it is advisable to specify as the last itemised duty 'such other comparable duties as may be required by the Head of Department or nominee'.
Job Description LibraryPlease click on any of the links below to view model job descriptions. These job descriptions are from real vacancies. The library of jobs will continue to be added to as more examples become available.
- Blank Proforma
- Grade 3 (Admin Assistant)
- Grade 4 (Admin Assistant)
- Grade 4 (UG/PG Assistant)
- Grade 4 (Admissions Coordinator)
- Grade 5 (Programme Assistant)
- Grade 5 (Research Technician)
- Grade 6 (Technician)
- Grade 6 (Admissions Officer)
- Grade 6 (Departmental Officer)
- Grade 7 (Project Manager)
- Grade 7 (Research Support Officer)
- Grade 8 (Faculty Administrator)
- Example: Professional Staff
- Example: Academic Staff
- Example: Research Staff
- Example: Support - Admin Staff