Campus Car Parking
Benefit: Car Parking *Benefit Updated*
Background: The single staff zone will continue as will the pro rata charges for part-time staff. An alternative to the car parking permit is a free bus pass for staff on grades 1 and 2 or a subsidised bus pass for staff on grades 3 and above (please See Subsidised Staff Unirider Bus Pass).
The annual cost of a parking permit is set out below. Your salary will be reduced equally over 12 months. By selecting this option you agree to abide by the car parking policy which can be found here.
Please note that you will not be able to select this benefit if you have chosen to take the subsidised Staff Unirider Bus Pass option.You must select your parking permit through either the Flexible Benefits system or by calling the Flexible Benefits Helpdesk on (01524) (5)10614. Please select from one of the five available options:
- Car Parking Option 1: Salary Sacrifice - Single Car Commuters
For full-time staff, the annual cost of this benefit is £155.04. For part-time staff, the annual cost is pro rata'd and will be calculated using the staff member's contractual FTE at the time of enrolment. The costs by FTE are:All grades - 0.01 to 0.66 FTE = £102.96 All grades - 0.67 to 0.69 FTE = £113.28 All grades - 0.70 to 0.79 FTE = £123.48 All grades - 0.80 to 0.89 FTE = £133.80 All grades - 0.90 to 0.99 FTE = £144.12
Amendments to Benefit: This benefit can be selected at annual enrolment or if you experience a qualifying Life Event.
Tax and NI implications: This is operated by salary sacrifice. You will not pay tax and NI on this benefit.
Savings: A full-time member of staff on £25,000.00 choosing Option 1 would save approximately £44.
How do I get this benefit? Car Parking permits will be sent to your home address after the close of the annual enrolment period. Please ensure that we hold your current address by updating your details in employee self service. https://hr.lancs.ac.uk/concerto/Portal/
- Car Parking Option 2: Car Share = £62.04 *Benefit Updated* – For this year, the process has been updated. All car sharers should register their details on the flexible benefits system at which point they will be asked whether they are the ‘primary’ or a ‘secondary’ partner. The ‘primary’ partner will have the cost of the permit deducted from their net salary over twelve months and will agree arrangements for reimbursement with their ‘secondary’ partners. The ‘primary’ partner will need to log their car details in the Flexible Benefits system as normal and the car share permit and their own scratchcards will be sent to their home address after the end of the enrolment period. The remaining car share partners will need to record themselves as ‘secondary’ partners on the Flexible Benefits system. They will need to record their car details and also the details of their ‘primary’ partner (name and work extension). Each ‘secondary’ partner will receive their scratchcards sent to their home address after the end of the enrolment period. Scratchcards for this year will be allocated on the basis of FTE effective as at 1 October 2012.
- Car Parking Option 3: Special Needs
- Car Parking Option 4: Cycle and walking commuters
- Car Parking Option 5: Parking Permit - Non Salary Sacrifice
The following options are not operated by salary sacrifice but must still be selected through the Flexible Benefits system: