|Postgraduates||Microsoft Exchange||Email system for postgraduates - Outlook Web App(OWA) is the default client for accessing your exchange email.|
|Undergraduates||Live@edu||All undergraduates have a Live:edu account.|
|Staff||Microsoft Exchange||Email system for all staff - Outlook 2007 & 2010 are defaults used to access Microsoft Exchange|
|All||Push Email||Push mail on a mobile device, e.g. Smartphone|
Student email has changed.
All undergraduate students at Lancaster University now use Microsoft Live@edu. Login requires your standard University IT account credentials.
Spam, Phishing Attacks and Viruses continue to be an issue:
- Spam - dealing with Spam (and dealing with 'Spam deluges').
- False Spam - dealing with messages wrongly marked as Spam.
- Banned File Extensions - list of banned file extensions for attachments.
- Threat Watch - list of current email Phishes, scams and other threats.
- Mail List Advice - local distribution list and large group restrictions.
- Guidance - how to avoid accidental data disclosure.
- Email Policies - 'Abusive Email' and 'Spam' policies.
- Code of Conduct - the code of conduct for users of computers at Lancaster University.
Email Conventions and Netiquette
The University has various conventions about writing email messages:
- Netiquette - writing good email messages.
- Email Conventions - Lancaster University conventions for writing emails.
Quota and Busy Mailboxes
About mail 'quotas' and managing a busy mailbox.
- Home Access - accessing your University email remotely from home and other locations.
ISS runs a mail server that enables people to manage their own mailing lists:
- Mailing Lists - how to use mailing lists, and restrictions to local distribution lists.
- Majordomo Mailing Lists - the University 'Majordomo' email distribution lists.