This page describes how to configure Windows Mail to view your email accounts at Lancaster University.
Windows Mail is the email program that comes with Windows Vista.
Windows Mail is an easy to use, free (it comes with Internet Explorer) email program that can be used over fast or slow connections.
- Configure Windows Mail - configure an existing copy of Windows Mail.
Tweaking Windows Mail:
- Ensuring Deleted Messages Are Deleted
- More than one account - using Windows Mail to access multiple email accounts.
- Windows Mail Settings - list of settings for Windows Mail.
Finishing Off Outlook Install
- click on the 'Yes' button in answer to the dialog asking about folders.
- wait while dialog displays then...
- click on OK - new exchange folder on the left of Outlook.
- click on the 'Inbox' icon - see your email subject titles.
The 'envelope cut diagonally in half' icons, are message headers that have not had the message body downloaded yet. As you watch Outlook is downloading the message bodies one by one starting with oldest and working towards the newest.
You can interrupt this process and force Outlook to download the message body of a specific email message 'now' by:
- choose a message with the 'half envelope' icon.
- double clicking on the message header - Outlook will download the message body immediately.
- while you reading the message Outlook carries on downloading the other messages.