The ISS Home pages provide customised links for the web browser Home pages on PC Labs, ResNet and some Staff. The following Home pages are available:
- ISS PC Lab Home - Home page for ISS PC Labs.
- Learning Zone Home - LZ Macs and 'loan' laptops.
- ResNet Home - for students living in the Student Residences.
- Staff Home - for University staff in offices.
- Visitor Home - for visitors living in the student residences.
*New* Combined OffCampus Access Page
A new page - OffCampus Access - is replacing 'Home Working (the staff off-campus page) and Off Campus Home (the student off-campus homepage). The new pages is configuarble to enable staff and students make it feature the tools they need.
- Off Campus Accces - new combined off-campus page
- Home Working - for staff working at home.
- Off Campus Home - for students working at home or off campus.
If you find a home page designed for another group more useful than your own home page you may use it instead.
Example Home page - ResNet
Illustrated below is a typical Home page for ResNet users.
Left Column - there is a 'news stream' on the left-hand side with items flagged according to importance. The example shows two medium 'yellow flag' priority warnings, but it is also possible to see urgent 'red flag' warnings, 'green flag' problem resolved news items and 'green flag' service announcements.
Central Column - in the middle there are some useful links targeted at the group concerned (resNet students in this case).
Right Column - on the right-hand side there are targeted 'Help' links, and links to external websites.
Configure Section - in the bottom right-hand corner there is a link to the 'set this page as your home page' page and a tool to change your Home page colours.