Listed below is a selection of ISS projects
- Undergraduate Admissions Project - CIS is developing an IT System to process UG admissions electronically
- Print Service Replacement - review the requirements for university printing
- Microsoft Office 365 Undergraduate Email - upgrade to undergraduate email system
- LUSI New Assessment Regulations - update to LUSI in line with marking scheme changes
- Student portal & VLE - delivery of student portal and new VLE
- Unified Communication and Telephony Replacement - strategy for the provision of voice communications
To review the requirements for University printing, to determine the current full cost of print provision and provide a new service (either in-house or outsourced) to achieve cost and efficiency savings.
For more details, please contact Dale Sharp or visit the project webpage
Office 365 is the next release of Live@edu from Microsoft. ISS will be upgrading to Office 365 replacing the current system(Live@edu). This is scheduled for July 2013.
All undergraduates will have their email account upgraded to Office 365 which provides an increased email quota of Office 365. We will also be evaluating the additional features of Office 365 and how these can be best used by students.
All undergraduates will have their email account upgraded to Office 365 which provides:
- an increased email quota of 25GB
- the ability to login on mobile devices using your university login rather than setting up a different password
- Easier access to your university Office 365 account and your Hotmail/Outlook personal account (each will be able to easily be opened in separate tabs of your browser)
For more details, please contact the Project Manager, Ian Cannings
Changes have been made to LUSI Course Handbook, Student Records and Academic Marks to enable marking to the New Assessment Regulations. This allows marking in grades or percentages which are converted to an aggregation score out of 24.
The project has delivered an online transcript for students to view their published marks. Online transcript marks are displayed for students on all regulations.
Work is ongoing to deliver reports for forthcoming exam boards and to predict progression of students marked under the new regulations.
Future enhancements will cover students studying at our collaborative partners who will use the new marking schemes from the next academic session, and the prediction of final degree classifications.
For more details, please contact the Project Manager, Liz Shillito.
Finish Date: July 2013
Student Portal and VLE
To deliver a sector leading Student Portal and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
The Student Portal will bring together content from a variety of sources relevant to the student and the stage of their academic studies. This will include their academic timetable and links to the appropriate VLE module spaces.Moodle training workshops have been arranged for this summer ~ these are bookable via this link (http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/training/courses/ltg.html#moodle).
For more information, please contact the Project Manager,David Harrison or visit the project website: www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/projects/student_portal/
Unified Communications and Telephony Replacement
To develop a combined strategy for the provision of voice communications for Lancaster University over the next 7 to 10 years.
The project will provide a complete replacement of the telephony service on Campus and deliver added functionality such as Presence, Instant Messaging and Audio Conferencing. The current platform which powers 75% of the campus telephony has been announced 'end of life' by its manufacturer.
For more details, please contact the Project Manager, Ian Anderson or go to the project website.