Student Portal now launched
Students and staff can now login to the Student Portal to access Moodle and Sakai VLEs, Library and much more.
The Student Portal and VLE project aims to deliver a new Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle) for the university from the start of the 2012/3 academic year, replacing the existing LUVLE system. The project will also deliver a new student portal which will bring together content from a variety of sources relevant to the student and the stage of their academic studies. This will include their academic timetable and links to the appropriate VLE module spaces.
- May 2012 - September 2012: Migration of module spaces from LUVLE to Moodle
- May 2012 - September 2012: Moodle workshops for staff
- August 2012: User Acceptance Testing of Student Portal
- August 2012: Launch of Moodle VLE
- Late September 2012: Launch of new Student Portal
The Moodle VLE will replace LUVLE as the standard ISS supported virtual learning environment from the Michaelmas term 2012.
Migration of Module SpacesA team of student eLearning assistants has been recruited to transfer learning spaces from LUVLE to Moodle. Please contact the ISS Service Desk by emailing ISS Service Desk if you require additional support with your learning space(s).
TrainingRegular workshops for Moodle will be running during the Michaelmas term – there are details on the ISS Training site.
Example Module SpacesA set of example Moodle module spaces have been set up for staff and students to try out. Please visit Example Courses to explore these courses.
View the comprehensive set of Lancaster Answers solutions to frequently asked questions on Moodle.
See the Moodle Resources site for further information on Moodle including user guides, demonstrations and drop-in sessions.
A new student portal will be available from the start of the Michaelmas term 2012. This will provide access to content from a variety of sources relevant to the student and the stage of their academic studies including:
- Academic Timetable
- Email and Calendar (from Live@edu / Exchange)
- Notifications - upcoming assessment due dates
- Access to VLE Module Spaces
- Library information: books on loan/requested, access to OneSearch