Good PC Hygiene is vital to keep your information and that of your colleagues and the university clean and safe. Not taking a few simple steps to do so puts your work and the network at risk.
- Get into the habit of locking your computer.
- Always log off from computers in public areas.
- Never share your password.
- Indicators of something wrong with your computer include:
- Slow applications when once they were fast.
- Additional requests to authenticate.
- Unusual error messages
- Popups warning your anti-virus is out of date when it is not.
- Run Windows updates regularly and install any updates immediately.
- Only run software from trusted sites..
- Run as administrator as little as possible.
Back to the Security Guidance page.