Computer viruses, Trojans and Phishing attacks can damage the data on your computer and/or steal your ID. It is your responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect your computer against attack:
- Do NOT open un-solicited email attachments, even from friends.
- Secure Passwords - use a 'strong' password.
- Never share your password - never share passwords with friends, colleages or your spouse.
- Use sensible settings on your social networking software e.g. Facebook.
- Install 'Message of the day' - to keep up-to-date with breaking news.
- Use Windows Update - keep up-to-date with the latest patches (standard in the Managed Build).
- Install Symantec Endpoint Protection and keep Virus Definitions are up-to-date (standard in the Managed Build).