PC users on the University network can now 'map' their Unix filestore onto a drive on their PC. This makes copying files to and from Unix easier.
Connecting a Cent1 Drive to Your PC
This is what you do:
- run Windows Explorer ('Start', 'Programs'. 'Windows Explorer' or press 'Windows' key and 'E')
- click 'Tools' menu then 'Map Network Drive' option.
- in 'Folder' box type: \\cent1\(your username)
- ensure 'reconnect at logon' is selected (if you want to keep the connection).
- click on the 'Finish' button.
- if your 'cent1' account username and password is NOT synchronised (the same as Windows), a dialog box will appear asking for your username and password.
- enter your username in the form lancs\(cent1 username) - this is very likely the same as Windows.
- enter your (cent1 password).
- see your cent1 filestore in 'My Computer/Windows Explorer.
You may now copy files to and from your Unix filestore using 'My Computer' or Windows Explorer.