|Microsoft Exchange||Current email system for New postgraduates- Outlook Web App(OWA) is the default client for accessing your exchange email. Click on link for more information|
|Push Email||Push Mail on a mobile device, e.g. Smartphone|
- a large mailbox - 2Gb
- integrated calendaring
- access to the University staff address list.
- access to your email from a range of mobile devices.
Postgraduates should access their Exchange* email using the following systems:
- Outlook Web Access Client - A fully featured client, compatible with the vast majority of web-browsers, on all operating systems.
- Outlook 2011 or Mac Mail - If you use an Apple Macintosh computer (Mac Mail on Leopard OS, or earlier can only access email in a limited fashion).
- Windows v6/7 Mobile Devices - mobile phones and PDAs running Windows v6 or v7 can access the full Exchange service via Push Email (ActiveSync).
- Android devices - mobile phones and tablets with the Android operating system can access the full Exchange service via Push Email (ActiveSync).
- 3G iPhone / iPad - 3G iPhones and iPads (and the first iPhone with extra software) can access the full Exchange service via Push Email (ActiveSync).
- Nokia devices with the Mail for Exchange application, and 3G data services.
- Blackberry devices - mobile phones from RIM have access to email on Exchange (but no other features).
Further advice and guidance is available at the following links:
- Terms & Conditions for the use of staff & postgraduate email
- Guidance on the use of email
- Using mailing lists
- Managing Spam (unsolicited email)
- Deleting & Recovering messages