ISS has a site licence for Maple software. Maple is a symbolic mathematics package running on the IUS (Interactive UNIX Service). Maple is available for Windows XP and Windows 7 (recommended). Linux and Mac(Intel) versions are also available but are not supported by ISS.
About the Maple Site Licence
- The latest version of Maple is version 16.
- The Maple site licence (campus network version) can not be installed off campus.
- A single home user version (13) of the software is available from the library and is intended for use off campus or for computers not connected to the Lancaster University network.
- Maple 14 (campus network version) is available in the ISS Labs running Windows XP
- If you are using an ISS 'Managed XP PC' or Supported Windows 7, Maple 14 (campus network version) has been pre-packaged so you can install it from your PC using 'Add/Remove programs' option in your computer's control panel.
- There is a Maple 12 legacy version available.
- Managed/Supported PC - Recommended.
- On-Campus - Network - for 'Independent' PCs.
- Home User / non-network - DVD - for off-Network PCs.
A Mac version of the software is available from the library but is not supported by ISS.