Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 - in PC Labs
The following instructions are written for ISS PC Labs.
Scanning C: Drive
You can run manual scan on C: drive, but there is little point in doing so because most of the C: drive is protected from viruses by being set to 'read only'.
Scanning H: Drive
SEP 11 has been configured NOT to scan H: Drive. If you try you will be asked for a password (which is not available). H: Drive is scanned centrally for malware by software on the Network Filestore Server.
Scanning USB Memory Sticks
You can use SEP 11 to scan your Pen Drives/Memory Sticks/USB Data Drives for threats:
- ensure Memory Stick is in a USB socket.
- click 'Start' button, 'All Programs', then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition' option then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition' program.
- click 'Scan for threats' (left-hand menu) - see list of scans.
- click 'Create a New Scan' option - see 'Create New Scan' dialog.
- select 'Custom Scan;' then click 'Next' button - see 'Select Folders and Files' dialog.
- select your 'removal disk' - see tick against it then click 'Next' button - see 'Scan Options'.
- click 'Next' button - see 'When To Scan' dialog.
- click on the 'On Demand' option then click 'Next' button - see Scan Name Dialog.
- type: memory stick then click 'Finish' button - see list of Scan ans (again)
- RIGHT click on 'Menory Stick' text then click on 'Scan Now' option - see scan progress.
Folow instructions depending on the findings.