Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate demonstrates that you have specialist skills in using Microsoft applications. It is a globally recognised Certificate. Microsoft say it is the “only comprehensive, performance-based certification program approved by Microsoft to validate desktop computer skills”.
Having a MOS certificate on your CV, shows that you have the expertise to use Microsoft applications well, and gives you a competitive edge in the workplace. It could increase your skill levels and confidence, validate the skills you already have and, of course, help you to advance your career. Each certificate is a qualification in its own right – so you can take just one, or as many as you like.
If you wish to discuss if MOS is suitable for you, or for any further information, please contact the trainers at iss-training (at) lancaster.ac.uk.
Please note: MOS is self study and the books are available by collection only.
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2010
- Microsoft Office Word 2010
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
Each certificate is a qualification in its own right – so you can take just one, or as many as you like.
MOS for the MAC is not available.
|MOS Qualification Module
(module fee covers a Microsoft Academy workbook with Window's practice files and an exam voucher valid for 1 year)
|Exam only or Exam Re-take||£65|
* The above fee applies to Lancaster University members only and is subject to amendment.
Please complete the registration form to sign up for MOS.
1. Work through the guide book at your own pace and have a go on the practice exercises. The guide book and practice files are included in the price of the course.
Please Note: The practice files do not work on Mac's.
2. Prior to taking your exam you can book and attend a pre-assessment workshop.
For members of staff registered on MOS modules we offer the MOS pre-assessment workshops designed to help you to prepare for the MOS exams:
All exams are performance-based, in a live or simulated environment. Pass mark varies from 640 to 780 points (of possible 1000). Printed results are available at the end of the exam.
The Office 2007 and Office 2010 exams take place during term time. To book, please email iss-training (at) lancaster.ac.uk during office hours, at least three days prior to your chosen exam date.Exam dates available during Summer term:
Thursday 16th May, 2.30pm
Friday 28th June, 9.30am
Wednesday 3rd July, 9.30am
Training Room 1, C Floor, Library Building (unless otherwise stated)
Last updated: 18.03.13