- Introducing Windows 7 (demo session)
- Intoducing Office 2010 (demo session)
- NEW: Windows 7 – Office 2010 General User Tips 'n' Tricks
- Outlook Web App (demo session)
- NEW: Sharepoint 2010 - contact ISS Training (iss-training (at) lancaster.ac.uk)
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate demonstrates that you have specialist skills in using Microsoft applications. They are a globally recognised standard. Microsoft say they are the “only comprehensive, performance-based certification program approved by Microsoft to validate desktop computer skills."
If you are interested in signing up for any MOS 2007 or MOS 2010 modules, find out more at www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/training/mosback to top
For those who are registered for MOS modules we are offering workshop sessions this term. These sessions are ideal for those who have worked through the guidebook as self study and want to have a recap/refresher of the book. Each workshop will help you prepare for a MOS exam. Workshops will cover advanced features and exam tips and techniques for MOS modules.
MOS Word Workshop
Date: Thursday 20 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
MOS Excel Workshop
Date: Wednesday 19 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
MOS Powerpoint Workshop
Date: Tuesday 18 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
MOS Outlook Workshop
Date: Friday 21 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
A selection of one hour training sessions focusing on the skills that many find useful. Attend just the sessions you are interested in.Hourly Word Sessions
Fridays from 3 May, 10am - 11am
Session content | E-learning resources
Hourly Office training sessions take place in Training Suite 1, Library Building (unless otherwise stated).
Outlook Web Access has been upgraded to Outlook Web App. Are you interested in seeing the changes? This is a one hour demonstration of the new and improved features of Outlook Web App and how much easier it is to use.
Next session to be confirmed
New to Windows 7? This one hour demonstration session introduces the main features of Windows 7 from a user's perspective.
- Using the start button and task bar to find programs
- Customising the menus to enable you to find your most commonly used files quickly
- How to snap, dock, shake and peek in Windows 7
- Windows Explorer in Windows 7 – including how to find your files and add commonly accessed places to your favourites
- An overview of Windows 7 'Bitlocker' for encryption and Windows XP mode feature
- Review of a few useful features such as the Snipping tool which appeared in previous versions of Windows that you might find useful
Date: Monday 20 May, 10.00am – 11.00am, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
New to Office 2010? This one hour demonstration session introduces the main differences in Office 2010 compared with Office 2007. Suitable if you are unfamiliar in using Office 2010 and would like an introduction to some of the new and improved features it offers.
- Using the backstage view from the File tab
- Viewing your document using the combined Print/Preview section
- Using Paste Preview feature
- Looking at the new photo editing tools
- Using the Recover Unsaved Documents feature
- Taking Screen Clipping
- Using Animation in PowerPoint – including new 3D transition effects and the new animation tab
- Applying Sparklines and Slicers in Excel
- Using the improved Outlook – focusing on the ribbon, conversation views and calendar snapshot in meeting requests
We offer Hourly Office sessions if you would like more indepth training on Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or Word.
Date: Monday 20 May, 11.30am – 12.30pm, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
Are you new to using Windows 7 and Office 2010? We are offering regular half hourly sessions to help you get started, mostly taking place over lunch time. The session includes:
- How to find applications in Windows 7
- How to find your files in Windows 7
- Using Office 2010 back stage view
- The new and improved Outlook 'tabbed' interface
Date: Tuesday 28 May, 10am – 10.30am, Training Suite 1, C Floor – Library
Repeated: Thursday 19 June, 10.00am – 10.30am, Training Suite 2, C Floor – Library
Book your place
Last updated: 08.05.13