Please note: a minimum of 5 bookings are needed for a session to run, otherwise they will be cancelled. If you are unsure if a course is running please email ISS Training (iss-training (at) lancaster.ac.uk).
You are required to gain the agreement of your line manager/supervisor before you book attendance on a course.
Session 1: Emails
Thursday 23 May, 2.00pm – 3.00pm, Training Room 1, C Floor - Library
- Changes since 2007
- Email Options - recalling and resending messages
- Flagging Messages for Follow Up
- Quick Parts
- Email Rules - moving messages to a sub folder, moving ISS Detected SPAM to the Junk Folder
Session 2: Calendar Appointments & Meetings
Thursday 30 May, 2.00pm – 3.00pm, Training Room 1, C Floor - Library
- Viewing the Calendar
- Appointments - Creating appointments on Outlook's calendar, moving, deleting, recurring, private
- Schedule Meetings - Organise meetings, invite attendees, accept/decline meetings
- Sharing Calendars
Session 3: Keep your Mailbox Tidy
Thursday 6 June, 2.00pm – 3.00pm, Training Room 1, C Floor - Library
- Mailbox Cleanup - checking folder sizes, empty deleted items, remove attachments from emails
- Dealing with Junk Emails
- Creating Personal Folders - including advantages and disadvantages
- Delegation - send emails on behalf of others
Please Note: Sessions will only run if enough people are booked on the course.
You do not need to attend every session if you do not want to. These sessions will be available on a first come first served basis.
Last updated: 17.04.13