What to Bring Checklist
To help you plan your trip to Lancaster University we have created the following checklist which we hope you will find useful. If you are joining us from overseas you may wish to consult the International Students Advisory Service for further information and advice on coming to the UK.
- All you need for registration: Proof of Identification: Passport, Driving License and National Insurance Card, Proof of Funding using your financial assessment form ad Payment towards your tuition fee's. International students must present passport, visa or biometric residence permit, ATAS Certificate (where applicable) and academic qualifications in order to register.
- Photo ID: This should ideally be your passport.
- Your college information from Graduate College and details of any events they have planned for you.
- Money or bank cards.
- Your Visa if you are coming from overseas.
- Your copy of 'The Guide': Don't lose sight of it until the week is over!
You may not know exactly what to bring, so it's worth checking what is provided in the accommodation. If you are a resident on campus in Graduate College, or at Chancellor's Wharf, see the Accommodation website or go direct to the Residents' Handbook. Or you can contact your Residence Officer.
- Enough clothes for your needs. Bear in mind that you will have to do your own laundry here. Factor in everyday clothes, going out clothes and sports clothes. If you are coming form warmer climates you may want to buy a waterproof jacket and warmer clothes such as jumpers.
- Any special items of clothing out of the norm. If you are likely to be attending interviews or putting on presentations you might want to consider smart clothes and shoes to go with them.
- Clothes hangers. Alternatively these can be bought after arrival.
- Sleep wear; Dressing gown, slippers etc, if you use them.
- An alarm clock.
- Bedding; Quilt, covers and possibly a blanket. If you are going to live on campus you have the option of ordering a bedding pack, which consists of pillow and duvet, covers for both, single bed sheet and mattress protector. You can purchase your pack online. If you are going to live off campus please check if bedding is provided before you arrive.
- Towels, toiletries, cosmetics, make-up.
- Plates, bowls, cups, glasses, cutlery. Pans (small and large), frying pan, oven tray.
- Chopping board, sharp knife, wooden spoon & other kitchen implements as you like; maybe a can and bottle opener.
- Washing-up liquid, dish cloth, scourer, sponges, tea towel, oven gloves.
- Cleaning products and washing powder.
There's always the local shops if you forget anything so don't panic! On campus we offer two great convenience stores which will cover most of the basics. Also if you are coming from overseas you may not want to bring some of the bulkier items listed above. Again, local shops will sell you anything else you need.
The University also has a partnership with a company called Click2Campus which sells packs of essential items to our postgraduates and delivers them to the University before you arrive. Visit the Click2Campus website to view the essential packs on offer.
- Rucksack, record bag or a bag of some description to carry you books and files around with you.
- Folders, paper, pens, file dividers etc. You can arrange your work as you see fit and can always buy that kind of thing when you get here.
- Books which you may have purchased from your course reading list (where applicable).
- Computer/Laptop or any other equipment relating to your subject area and learning.
- Your camera, as you may want to break away from your studies and enjoy the surrounding area and local events.