- Co-editor, Cambridge History of the Crusades, 2 vols, Cambridge: CUP, forthcoming 2016
- Co-author with Bernard Hamilton, Monasticism in the Crusader States (Cambidge, forthcoming, 2014)
- Member of AHRC international network Remembered Places & Invented Traditions: Thinking about the Holy Land in the Later Middle Ages
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the AHRC-funded The Paradox of Medieval Scotland (www.poms.ac.uk); co-organiser of the session ‘The Paradox of Medieval Scotland’ Database as a Research Tool, International Medieval Congress, Leeds, July 2012, forthcoming.
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Anglo-American Legal Tradition: Documents from Medieval and Early Modern England from the National Archives in London (http://aalt.law.uh.edu/) since 2010
- Trustee of the Cumbria County History Trust (www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk) launched in 2010 to coordinate and gather resources for the Victoria County History of Cumbria, a collaborative community-based project
- Co-organiser of the conference Medieval Cumbria: The Documentary and Physical Record, February 2011, in conjunction with the Centre for North-West Regional Studies, Lancaster University, and the Cumberland and Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society – attendance 145 delegates, mainly non-academic
- Co-editor of The Making of Carlisle: From Romans to Railways (Cumberland and Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society, Extra Series, 2011) [xvii + 198 pp.], published as a partnership project in association with English Heritage, and containing three chapters dealing with the Normans
- Member of the Centre Culturel International de Cerisy-la-Salle (www.ccic-cerisy.asso.fr) since 2011
- Collaboration with Professor Jeremy Johns et al. (Khalili Research Centre, Oxford) on the Arabic Documents of Norman Sicilyproject (http://krc.orient.ox.ac.uk/adns).
- Co-organising, with Giuseppe Mandalà and Inmaculada Pérez Martín, a conference on ‘Multilingual and Multigraphic Manuscripts from East and West’ to be held at the Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, CSIC, Madrid, 27–28 September 2012.