Our duties under the Highly Trusted Tier 4 Sponsor Licence Rules
Under the new Immigration Points Based system, all Educational Institutions Tier 4 Sponsor Licence Holders now have a duty to keep specific records and also to report any non-attendance.
Records that we must keep:
- keep a copy of all non-EU students - passports showing evidence of each student's entitlement to study
- keep each student's contact details and update them as necessary
- report any students who fail to enrol on their course to the UKBA
- report any students who discontinue their studies (including any deferrals of study) to the UKBA
- report any significant changes in students' circumstances, for example, if the length of a course of study shortens, to the UKBA
- maintain any appropriate accreditation
- offer courses to international students which comply with UKBA conditions.
We must report to the UK Border Agency if a registered student;
- fails to enrol with the sponsor no later than 10 working days after the end of the enrolment period
- misses 10 expected contacts. In the higher education institutions, where daily registers are not kept we will accept reports of where the student has missed expected interactions, for example, tutorials or submission of coursework
For Postgraduate Research Students – you must re-register online not less than once every 3 calendar months
- stops attending an institution either because the institution has withdrawn them from the course or because the student has told them they are leaving. This must happen within 10 working days of this being confirmed
- defers their studies after their arrival in the United Kingdom. The student's permission to be in the United Kingdom will no longer be valid as they will not be actively studying. The sponsor must notify the UKBA of the deferral and advise the student to leave the United Kingdom. When the student is ready to continue their studies they will need to make a new visa application.
Further information about the Tier 4 sponsor duties can be found at the UK Border Agency webpages;