Mature Student Society
Please find information from the Mature Student society website, socials and facebook group below
1) Society Website, see:
2) Mature Student Facebook group
3) Mature Student Society - Socials
Below are some examples of previous socials, for current events please join the above face book group!
1) END of TERM SOCIAL.- partner/friends welcome.
2) MOZART'S REQUIEM, 7.30pm, The Great Hall, Lancaster University.*
3) WALK in SILVERDALE, meet at Alex Square on campus 11.30 am
4) MID-TERM KNEES-UP.* Furness SCR
5) MEAL in TOWN, venue to be decided.
6) SHARING STORIES, how we got here, on being a mature student.
7) BURNS NIGHT CELEBRATION! Piper: Janet Robinson. Dress: Scottish! Entry fee (TBA) will be for haggis meal (veggie & non-) & whisky to toast.
8) Viewing of LOCAL HERO. Bring nibbles to share!
9) RE-FRESHERS FAIR! we have our own stall this time, please come & visit us
10) TUES, 13TH JAN, 1st informal meeting of term,
Bowland bar, 1pm, come & say hello: there will be cake!!! Discussion of stall at re-freshers fair, this term's activities, particularly Burns night celebration!
11) GRAND CHRISTMAS SOCIAL! Food: Bring and share (Please be extra aware, cooking for others, to observe health & hygiene).
Drinks: at bar
Bring a friend - ALL WELCOME!
12) Chaplaincy Centre -
Carol service. This is for everyone, regardless of age, religion etc.
13) Wine & Cheese event + film
14) Resumption of regular Bowland Bar meeting at 1pm
15) Walk around Sunderland Point; meet up at 11 am outside Greggs, Alex square, bring packed lunch. Also, please bring appropriate footwear & warm protective clothing!
Meal in town at 1725, a Tapas bar & Restaurant in the centre of town, right by the Venue. There will be car spaces if you'd like a lift into town - just ask!
17) Walk at Cartmel - We hope to leave the university at 11am - meet outside Greggs, Alex Square. We have car spaces, could pick up people from town, too, and Grange-over-Sands, if that is more convenient. Bring a picnic lunch! The walk will be about 5 miles and not demanding: a look at the Priory, then a visit to the aforementioned Sticky Toffee Pudding shop of world renown. Please let us know if you're interested, and where you will be meeting us through the facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31003818338), if you are interested! A great opportunity to explore the region in congenial company!