Academic Support for Students
Robert Blake provides academic support for students in the Faculty of Science and Technology and the Faculty of Health and Medicine. The aim is to help students achieve their full potential through effective study practices and good scientific writing.
Help available to FST and FHM students and staff includes:
- Lectures on writing and study
- Workshops in departments
- Writing courses for international students
- One-to-one study and writing consultations in the weekly drop-ins
- Study support for students with disabilities
- Help with exams and revision
- Consultation for staff
Who Is This For?
Our student learning advisors provide help for:
- All science, technology, health and medicine students:
- If you know the Science but think you could pick up marks by improving your writing skills, why not come to one of our drop-in sessions? Sometimes lecturers may suggest that you seek advice about your assignment writing or another aspect of the way you study.
- International students:
- We have courses, workshops and drop-in sessions to help you with study, grammar and writing at Lancaster.
- Disabled students:
- If you think you have a disability that affects your study such as dyslexia, you may find it helpful to arrange a study consultation.
Materials on writing in science can be found on our Moodle site.
Student Learning Advisor
Robert can help with enquiries connected to learning.
For help with fees, accommodation or other welfare issues, please contact Lancaster University's Student Based Services.
Advice For Staff
If you would like to refer students for study writing support, discuss running writing workshops or obtain study and writing resources, please get in touch.