Going Global: 'Developing And Researching Export Markets'
Thursday 19 June 2008, 1130-1400
Lancaster University Management School
Looking to trade or invest overseas? Want to bridge gaps in human resources and expertise (at little or no cost)?
UK Trade and Investment and the British Council have joined together with the Centre for Employability Enterprise and Careers (CEEC) at Lancaster University to offer an event for businesses looking to research and expand their knowledge of how to trade in overseas markets and how to source low-cost (and free) assistance.
This unique event will consist of briefings from:
- Issues to consider when thinking about trading in overseas markets
- Overview of UKT&I business support schemes and services
- Case study by a business on their experience of moving into overseas markets
- CEEC (Centre for Employability Enterprise & Careers)
- Overview of the placement schemes and business support available to source students and graduates to bridge gaps in skills, expertise and cultural knowledge
- Case study by a business owner who has been assisted by several international students and graduates to help develop his business
- Case study by a Lancaster University student who has recently helped a business win £20,000 in a national 'innovations' competition
- British Council
- Introduction to the British Council BOND placement scheme
Lunch is also provided with the opportunity to network with like-minded businesses, support services, students and graduates.
There is no charge for the event but numbers are strictly limited so early registration is advised.Please register by emailing email@example.com and include 'Going global event' in the subject line.