Policy and Resources Committee
The Policy and Resources Committee is responsible for advising the Dean on strategic planning and for policy formulation and oversight, including policies on financial management and budgeting, and resource prioritisation in support of research and teaching. It is also responsible for the establishment and terms of reference for the Faculty's sub-committees and working parties.
Membership of the Committee is as follows:
- dean (in the chair)
- associate deans
- head of department of each department in the faculty
- senior faculty administrator
- one representative of the support staff (selected by ballot following nominations by the support staff to the dean)
- any co-opted member as agreed by the committee
- the Faculty Accountant shall attend the meeting.
The committee meets at least twice a term. Meetings may be called by the Dean or Deputy Dean as required.
The Committee is responsible for the monitoring of the Faculty's activities as reported by the Research Committee, the Undergraduate Committee and the Postgraduate Committee, and any sub-committees, representative of the whole Faculty, that it shall establish to advise it on other matters, such as admissions and the provision of information technology.
The committee advises the Dean on:
- general policy matters
- the attainment of the Faculty objectives, priorities and plans, subject to overall University policy and priorities
- the allocation of the Faculty's recurrent and equipment funds to its constituent Departments and other spending units; the formulation of Departmental and other budgets and determination of priorities in the use of particular resources in support of research and teaching (including selective use of staff time, staff development, consumables, space and other physical facilities).
- Professor Mary Smyth (Chair) - Dean, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Dr Mark Bacon - Faculty Director of Business Partnerships & Enterprise, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Dr Philip Barker - Associate Director for Undergraduate Studies, Lancaster Environment Centre
- Professor Andrew Binley - Associate Dean for Resources, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Professor Gordon Blower - Associate Dean for Undergraduate Teaching, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Colin Clements - Human Resources Partner, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Professor Geoff Coulson - Head of Department, School of Computing and Communications
- Simon Cresswell - Teaching Quality Support Officer, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Professor Peter Fielden - Head of Department, Chemistry
- Professor Kevin Jones - Co-Director, Lancaster Environment Centre
- Professor Malcolm Joyce - Head of Department, Engineering
- Professor Mike Kosch - Associate Dean for Research, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Professor Charlie Lewis, Psychology
- Dr Nigel Paul - Associate Director for Research, Lancaster Environment Centre
- Helen Quirk (Non-academic Staff Representative)
- Professor Awais Rashid - Associate Dean For Postgraduate Studies, Faculty Of Science and Technology
- Professor Peter Ratoff - Head of Department, Physics
- Professor John Whitehead - Head of Department, Mathematics and Statistics
- Dr Lucy Thorne (Secretary) - Senior Faculty Administrator, Faculty Of Science and Technology