Current projects being undertaken by core members of C4AR include:
The experiences and expectations of older people resident in care homes, their carers and professionals of end of life care and symptom relief needs: a prospective study (with the University of Hertfordshire). Contact: Dr. Katherine Froggatt firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysis and Perspectives of integrated working in Primary care Organizations and Care Homes (with the University of Hertfordshire). Contact: Dr. Katherine Froggatt email@example.com
Remote care interventions: ethics, gender and governance of new technologies of elderly care at home (Comparative study with the UK, Netherlands, Norway and Spain) Contact Prof. Christine Milligan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peer Education for Older Adults regarding End of Life Discussions.
development of biomarkers for dementia in old age (EU – FP6).
development of nanoparticles for improved diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease (EU- FP7).
- MRC-funded longitudinal study on biomarkers for Parkinson's disease.
- Development of amyloid aggregation inhibitors for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
Related postgraduate research projects include:
- Use of Out of Hours services by older people.
- Experiences of family carers of people with dementia dying in care homes
- The effect of different models of facilitation when implementing the Gold Standards Framework in Care Homes (GSFCH) a cluster randomised control trial.
- A prospective descriptive study to examine the incidence of end of life symptoms in care home residents.