Applications are welcomed for PhD and MPhil degrees in any of our main areas of research.
Postgraduate research students are directly involved in the mainstream research of the Faculty. In addition to receiving specialised training relevant to your research topic and methodology you'll be encouraged to take part in the graduate training programme. This programme offers a range of more generic courses such as teaching skills, statistical methods, computing and languages. You will also be encouraged to attend and present lectures and posters at conferences overseas and within the UK.
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in an appropriate subject
IELTS: At least 6.5 overall (with no less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent
Assessment: Original research and thesis
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
Fees: View details of our current Postgraduate Research fees or Postgraduate Taught fees.
- Applied Bioscience and Business Management : PGCert
- Biomedical Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Biomedical Training for Industry : PgCert
- Biomedical and Life Sciences : MPhil/PhD
- Biomedicine : M.D.
- Biomedicine : MSc
- Medical Biotechnology and Leadership : MSc
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGDip
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based learning : MA/MSc