The Lancaster MBA (Executive) programme is designed to build your functional knowledge and your leadership capability through a combination of taught modules in key management areas interspersed with experiential projects, or Challenges, where you apply that knowledge to specific business issues. These are complemented by action oriented coursework assignments in your organisation.
The programme brings employers, participants, and faculty together in partnership to deliver maximum benefits to both individual and organisation, and is popular with sponsoring organisations including: BAe Systems, London Underground, EDF, Helsinki Energy, Local Government, NDA, NHS Trusts, Otis, Oxley Developments, Peel Ports, Rank Group, and Vestas.
The taught modules are grouped into three key themes or mind sets:
- The Strategic Mind-set: the 'big picture' of where the organisation is and wants to go
- The Practice Mind-set: the practical aspects of leading and managing the various business functions
- The Relational Mind-set: the 'soft skills' and people management aspects of leadership practice
Running throughout the programme as integrating threads are two of Lancaster's most distinctive modules, designed to shape your practice as a manager and build your awareness of the wider context in which businesses operate:
- The Mindful Manager centres on your personal development and develops your capacity to engage productively and thoughtfully with others.
- Responsible Management for a Global Society helps you to grapple with the complex social, environmental and moral issues which often underlie business practice and which senior leaders must confront.
- Introductory Workshop
- Strategic Management and the Economic Environment
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Applied Marketing for Managers
- Managing Strategic Change
- Strategic Operations Management
- Strategic HRM and Organisational Behaviour
- Information Technology for Effective Management
- The Practice of Leadership
- Responsible Management for a Global Society
- The Mindful Manager
- Business Development Challenge
- Consultancy Challenge
- Case Study Exam
- Applied Research Challenge Dissertation
Students can broaden their expertise through electives. Since the electives are conducted with the full-time and global programmes, these also offer a valuable opportunity for participants to widen their cultural horizons and broaden their network. A wide range of electives are available, including an overseas elective. Please see our website for further Adetails.
Duration: 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or an equivalent professional qualification. At least five years full-time professional/managerial work experience
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent (minimum element scores apply)
Assessment: Work based assignments, case examinations, UK consultancy challenge project and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/