The Lancaster MBA is a one year leadership development programme aimed at ambitious professionals with at least three years professional experience. Our class typically comprises over 20 nationalities from around the world, presenting a great opportunity for students to learn from each other as well as from the high quality faculty.
The programme includes a core International Module and optional international exchanges at a number of partner schools to prepare our MBAs for senior positions in global businesses. We place an emphasis on learning through action with three consulting opportunities with UK companies.
A unique element of the Lancaster MBA is our Mindful Manager module which is designed to reshape your thinking and build the skills you will need to perform effectively at the most senior levels. These distinctive features help you to develop into a confident, knowledgeable, critical and responsible leader.
- Business Economics
- Global Society and Responsible Management
- International Business in Context
- Leading Change
- Managing IT in Organisations
- Operations and Process Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Company Challenges
- The New Venture Challenge with a start-up company
- The Consultancy Challenge with a charity or SME
- The Corporate Challenge with a large organisation
Students can broaden their expertise through electives. A wide range is available, please see website for further details.
Programme Director: Chris Saunders
Duration: 12 months full-time
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification. A recent GMAT score of at least 600, balanced across verbal, written and quantitative elements. (Those scoring less than 4.5 on the analytical writing element may be required to complete the Lancaster Admissions Essay). Usually at least three years of work experience since graduation, with preference for significant managerial responsibilities. Two good references, two pre-course essays and a case for studying an MBA are required.
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent (minimum element scores apply)
Interviews: UK based - face to face. Overseas - telephone option
Assessment: Case based examinations, assignments, group presentations, blogs, consultancy reports, and reflective assignments
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Business Administration : MBA
- E-Business and Innovation : MSc
- E-Business and Innovation : PGDip
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Practice : MSc
- HighWire : MRes
- HighWire : PhD
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change : MRes
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change : MSc
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change : PGDip
- International Business : MRes
- International Business : MSc
- International Business : PGDip
- Management : MSc
- Management : PhD