The aim of this programme is to enhance your understanding of leadership and management theories and to increase your ability to apply this knowledge to real work issues.
The programme is structured around eight taught modules: six in year one and two in year two, including the written submission of a work based project. The course uses online materials plus 19 sessions at Lancaster University (or your workplace for cohorts from the same organisation).
Completion of part 1 can lead to a Postgraduate Certificate in Management, or can lead onto part 2.
Work Based Projects
Part 2 for all MA variants consists of two modules:
- Designing the work based project
- Implementing the work based project
Your work based project topic is decided with your employer via a learning contract. Following a module on how to design work based projects you'll undertake the project itself.
Because it has been developed in partnership between you, your employer and the University, your project will ensure that your own professional development needs, the organisational needs of your employer, and the requirements of the University are all met.
Your project is written up in the form of a dissertation.
Duration: 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: Completed application form, a 500 word statement and recommendation from your line manager. We may ask you to undertake a pre-entry assessment. We also offer accreditation of prior learning (APL) both certificated and experiential
IELTS: At least 6.5 overall (with no less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent
Assessment: Coursework, including learning contracts, project proposals, reports, reflective commentary and oral presentation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Applied Bioscience and Business Management : PGCert
- Biomedical Training for Industry : PgCert
- Developing Professional Practice (Health Care) : MA
- Developing Professional Practice : MA
- Developing Professional Practice in Management (Health Care) : MA
- Developing Professional Practice in Management : MA
- Leadership and Management (Health Care) : Postgraduate Certificate
- Leadership and Management : Postgraduate Certificate
- Medical Biotechnology and Leadership : MSc
- Medical Leadership : Postgraduate Certificate
- Organisational Change (Health Care) : Postgraduate Certificate
- Organisational Change : Postgraduate Certificate
- Professional Development : PGCert
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGCert
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGDip
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based learning : MA/MSc