This programme is designed to encourage students to consider the practical processes, ideological dynamics and theoretical dimensions involved in the interface of diplomacy and religion.
The programme is relevant to those thinking about or currently working in diplomacy, international NGOs, and international policy and politics, and core modules are supported by selected modules from a list at the end of the Politics section.
Distinguished diplomatic and foreign policy practitioners directly contribute to elements of the programme. Students may also opt to participate in trips to, for example, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London, European Union organisations in Brussels and international organisations in Geneva.
Students take five taught modules each assessed by a 5,000 word essay.
- Studying Religion
- Theory and Method in Postgraduate Study
- Dissertation (20,000 words)
- Theory and Concepts in Diplomacy and Foreign Policy; or
- Issues and Practice in Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
Optional Modules: For a complete list of optional modules please see our Departmental pages.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent. Relevant professional qualifications and experience will also be considered
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent
Assessment: Coursework and dissertation
Fees: View details of our current Postgraduate Research fees or Postgraduate Taught fees.
Funding: Applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/.
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies : MA
- Conflict, Development and Security : MA
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy : MA
- Diplomacy and International Law : LLM/MA
- Diplomacy and International Relations (by Distance Learning) : MA
- Diplomacy and Religion : MA
- International Relations : MA
- International Relations : MRes
- Philosophy : MA
- Philosophy : MPhil/PhD
- Philosophy : PgCert
- Philosophy and Religion : MA
- Politics : MA
- Politics : MPhil/PhD
- Politics and International Relations : PgCert
- Politics and Philosophy : MA
- Politics, Philosophy and Management : MSc
- Politics, Philosophy and Religion : MA
- Religion and Conflict : MA
- Religious Studies : MA
- Religious Studies : MPhil/PhD
- Religious Studies : PgCert