This PhD in Education and Social Justice (by thesis and coursework) is a part-time structured doctoral programme that is undertaken entirely online, over 4 years. It enables professionals world-wide, who are working to promote social justice in or through education (in its broadest sense), to focus on issues that are at the heart of their own professional practice and concerns, and to become autonomous researchers.
The programme offers a well-defined and supported route to a PhD: during the first two years participants undertake modules covering key social justice issues, approaches and theories, as well as research and evaluation methods; in years 3 and 4 they undertake research and write a thesis supported by a supervisor. Participants benefit from studying within a cohort of students who act as critical friends and an informal support network during the programme, and a continued network throughout their careers.
- Understanding Social Justice Internationally: Issues, Theories and Approaches
- Promoting Social Justice through Education
- Social Justice in Institutions and Organisations
- Researching Social Justice
- Evaluating the implementation of Social Justice Programmes
- Writing and defending a thesis