Increasingly, novel technologies are developed from and applied to the Environmental Sciences. Areas such as informatics, sensor networks, imaging techniques and pollution remediation technologies are impacting the way we view and manage the environment. The MSc in Environmental Science and Technology degree explores this field offering broad options and allowing you to choose your area of focus.
For example, you may wish to specialise in areas of earth science, investigating geological hazards and associated risk abatement technologies, or, alternatively, focus on flood forecasting software and novel passive sampler technology for measuring water pollution.
As well as gaining knowledge in one or more areas of environmental science and technology, you will also develop skills in statistics and computing making you a confident and competent handler of data. Graduates will typically find themselves working for consultancies, government organisations or going on to study for a PhD.
- Dissertation Project
- Six optional modules chosen from a selection of relevant Biological, Environmental and Geographical modules.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent
Assessment: Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Biological Science : MPhil/PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Ecology (by research) : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : MSc
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Law : LLM/MA
- Environment, Culture and Society : MSc
- Environmental Management and Consultancy : MA
- Environmental Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Environmental Science : MPhil/PhD
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Geography : MPhil/PhD
- Human Rights and the Environment : LLM/MA
- International MSc in Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- International Masters in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc