The MRes is often used as a prelude to a PhD application but is also attractive to employers. One third of the programme focuses on taught modules chosen from the wide range offered on our MSc programmes and is designed to relate to your field of interest and fill in gaps in your knowledge. Two thirds of the programme is dedicated to your research project, beginning with training in research techniques and leading to either a dissertation or a research proposal.
Successful performance on the MRes opens up the opportunity to register for PhD programmes in the Department.
Duration: 12 months full-time
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or equivalent
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent (minimum element scores apply)
Assessment: Coursework assignments, examination and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Cyber Security : MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management : MSc
- Management Science : MRes
- Management Science : PhD
- Management Science and Marketing Analytics : MSc
- Operational Research and Management Science : MSc
- Statistics and Operational Research (STOR-i) : MRes
- Statistics and Operational Research (STOR-i) : PhD