This degree provides students with the theoretical and methodological grounding they need to carry out independent research in media and cultural studies.
The course introduces you to the key texts, debates and thinkers in media and cultural studies, ranging from the work of classical cultural theorists through to contemporary writing on new media, globalised culture, science and technology studies, and queer theory.
This is not a vocational or practice-based degree.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant social science
Assessment: Coursework and dissertation
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Environment, Culture and Society : MA
- Environment, Culture and Society : MSc
- Gender and Women's Studies : MA
- Gender and Women's Studies : MPhil/PhD
- Gender and Women's Studies and English : MA
- Gender and Women's Studies and Sociology : MA
- Media and Cultural Studies : MA
- Science Studies : MPhil/PhD
- Sociological Research : MA
- Sociology : MA
- Sociology : MPhil/PhD