The Doctor of Medicine degree scheme provides opportunities for clinically qualified candidates to undertake a two year Doctoral level research project at Lancaster.
Our links with the Lancaster Medical School and many NHS trusts provide a wide range of opportunities for medically related research. You will be supervised by a clinical supervisor and a member of academic staff in Biomedical and Life Sciences or the Medical School.
Duration: 24 months full-time
Entry Requirements: Applicants must (i) hold a medical or dental qualification recognised by the UK General Medical/Dental Council, (ii) must have held this qualification for at least three years by the date of submission, and (iii) must be employed during their period of registration in appropriate clinical or scientific work in hospitals or institutions (associated with the University) within the local NHS region
IELTS: At least 6.5 overall (with no less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent
Assessment: Original research and thesis, viva voce
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Applied Bioscience and Business Management : PGCert
- Biomedical Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Biomedical Training for Industry : PgCert
- Biomedical and Life Sciences : MPhil/PhD
- Biomedicine : MSc
- Medical Biotechnology and Leadership : MSc
- Medicine : M.D.
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGDip
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based learning : MA/MSc