This programme is ideal if you wish to work in decision support, business analytics, project management, marketing analytics, logistics, supply chain, industrial engineering, operational research or management science.
The employment record of our graduates is excellent and they are in demand from private and public sector businesses for their analytical skills.
Our approach emphasises four themes:
- Quantitative Modelling: building and using mathematical and statistical models to help people plan and make better decisions.
- Systems Thinking: seeing the whole picture, not just part of the problem.
- Consulting Skills: how to work with people and to make an impact.
- Real World Focus: putting theory into practice.
The programme offers a core of taught modules and then offers different paths through options and a four month project, many of which are carried out within organisations and provide excellent networking opportunities as well as the chance to use acquired analytical skills. Those wishing to go on to PhD level can choose a research project.
- Introductory Statistics
- Problem Solving Skills for Consultants
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Introduction to Operational Research and Management Science
These may vary yearly, with some restrictions depending on programme studied, but most modules are open to students across all three programmes.
Choose three or four from:
- Problem Structuring
- Computer Simulation
- Stochastic Modelling
- Optimisation and Heuristics
All students choose two or three optional modules from those already mentioned plus:
- SAS Programming for Business Analytics
- International Marketing
- Pricing Analytics and Revenue Management
- Global Sourcing
Please see our web pages for further clarification.